Forgetting about CH2 LSC v2

Classics and Specials

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned, Platypus

VJM
Bottle Rocket

Re: Forgetting about CH2 LSC v2

Post by VJM » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:22 pm

0rpheus wrote:Well,
I once had a lodestar head and sold it because "I just didn't like it". Then years after I gave it another chance and that was it, now I can't get rid of it. I love the whole thing! Both channels, everyone in my band love the amp as well. It is a very versatile amp and I realized that all I needed to do was to spend time with it and understand it.
Check out this two videos that I recorded with it where I used both channels.

With Les Paul: http://youtu.be/THWXUkXwRpw

With Ibanez (Andy Timon/style) http://youtu.be/dSXEo7Ja5uA?list=UUBAWt ... _zq-xqyLHA
Great tone and playing. Can you please tell me how you hooked the peavey up for stereo sound?

VJM
Bottle Rocket

Post by VJM » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:32 pm

I have had the same feelings as a lot of folks her with channel two. Been tweaking a lot the past week and am getting some real good tones out of channel two. This may sound simple but read the manual, read the manual and read the manual. I have read it quite a few times this week and paid attention to how the controls work together. This is VERY important and has made a big difference. I am also guilty of switching up guitars too often. If you have more than one guitar choose your favorite and get the amp to react best to that guitar....mark your settings before plugging in another guitar and repeat.

felix vampiro
Bottle Rocket

Post by felix vampiro » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:25 am

I've had my LSC nine years and am only now getting to appreciate Ch2. Was disappointed at first but I think it is worth persevering if you have already laid out the cash for it.
True, it can be a mud-fest (I cannot do much good with a neck humbucker on Ch 2, personally I can't stand the woman tone).
But I have found certain things that Channel 2 really adds. It depends on the guitar and I always have the gain lower than the drive.
I have a strat with noiseless single coils and a no solder wiring harness with a circuit which lets you keep all the tone when you roll the volume down. If you have a guitar which can do that try channel 2 with the drive engaged (normal) to about 2-3 oclock, gain set below noon and the master turned up, with the guitar's volume rolled down to around 5 or 6 it cleans up (mostly) and gives that real chimey, fender quack. Sounds better than Ch 1 in some ways.
A neck P90 also sounds good through Ch2.
For the lack of drive CH 2 offers the right overdrive pedal added to Ch 2 helps both in clearing the mud and beefing the distortion, I my case a Keeley modded 4x2 flexi tubescreamer works well.

As for my Princeton re-issue I got a few months back with the intention of getting some natural overdrive at lower volumes - I'll keep trying with it a bit longer but will probably trade it in. Lovely cleans below volume 5, buzzes and vibrates at higher volumes and gives too much thin distortion even when a light overdrive is added. Big watts and big transformers is where its at for me now.

Anyway that's my tuppence worth.

best to all.