Help - Lonestar Classic is powering itself off

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsange

Reaction score
Hello,

Today my Lonestar Classic (no mods) began turning itself off and on by itself. It's just a quick blip, as if it is starved for power, but everything turns off (lights too). It's happening on both full and tweed settings. It is plugged into the same surge protector as my pedal board and they are fine. I even plugged it straight into the wall. You can hear when it's about to happen because the sound of the amp running (the "whirl" sound it makes) begins to change. Kind of like when you switch it to tweed. Also the light starts to dim a bit before going dark. I swapped the fuse, but it made no difference. Any ideas?

The fuse will either blow completely and shut down the amp or it will continue to work and your amp will stay on. They tend not to be finicky. It could be heat related. Can you confirm the fan switch is set to ON? This isn't my area of expertise but I would try there first.

cold solder joint on power switch may be over heating and losing contact?

Thanks for your responses.

Yes, the fan is on. The problem arises about 5 min after I turn it on. Maybe a bit longer if it is on the tweed setting. Then it's intermittent and random. Looks like I'll be bringing it in.

Back