Loss of signal power through effects loop on LSC

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

Is it normal to lose a lot of signal strength when going through the effects loop on a LS classic? I have two simple effects - chorus and delay, that I've put into my loop, and I find that when I enable the loop, even with the effects send turned up to 11, there is a serious reduction in the volume of the output vs. when effect loop is hard-bypassed. To quantify, if I have master vol on 3 with effects bypassed, I have to go to 4.5 or so with effects enabled. Does this seem reasonable? Or am I looking at a failing tube in that area?

Thanks for your thoughts,

Don

This problem has been addressed many times before. If you use the search function and the key word "Loop" you'll probably find some posts about it. Generally I run my loop at 6 or 1:00-2:00. If the tube is failing it would really do some weird stuff like sputter and die. The solo function is also tied in to the loop. That info is in the manual and that's available for download at the mesa site if you don't have one. The most common problem is usually a corrosion on the loop jacks. The fix is spraying contact cleaner on the 1/4" plug and inserting in & out several times on the loop jack. As for the tube...swap it with the reverb tube or V1, V2 and see if that does anything. Good luck and welcome to the LSC boards.

Back