Help with channel switching issue on LSC

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toneguy86

Reaction score
Hey all,

At a gig last night my LSC suddenly developed an issue. When I switch from channel 1 to channel 2 and then try to return to channel 1...I suddenly have VERY low power on that channel. If I mess around with the input (for the foot switch) I will hear it click and fully engage but if I try to repeat the process (go back to channel 2 and return to channel 1), it does the same thing (low power). I tried using contact spray to clean that input and it didn't seem to make a difference. I also think (but we needed to start playing and I didn't have a ton of time to mess with this) that it does the same thing if I use the switch on the amp to change channels.

My sense is that I have a dirty switch or contact somewhere--most likely the switch on the amp itself, but I haven't been able to do much with it to see. I have another gig tonight and would love to be up and running with that second channel. I have it really dialed in right now and it sounds awesome--but I have decent pedals to get close on channel 1 if necessary so I can do the gig.

Any help appreciated.

Bummer. I've never experienced this, but I guess the usual culprits for this sort of thing are: clean the effects in/out jacks, clean the footswitch jacks, verify whether this occurs with the front panel switch too. You could also try splitting the stereo cable from your footswitch and plug into the individual function jacks in the back (provided for outboard switching systems), but if the switch causes this problem too it's probably internal. Good luck tonight.

Back