Sweet, Sexy, Bold, Chimey......Running all 6V6's in my LSC

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonestarlove

Reaction score
I know that this has been talked about time and again, but OMGOSH.... I am so thrilled. I love the fact that Boogies that take different tubes all respond so differently. I cant say enough about the sweet, chimey, rich, fat full tone I am getting.

4 - 6V6's
4 Ohm Spkr Input
Tweed
Tube Tracking
Reverb.....

Think Deluxe Reverb with Marshall Growl!!! So Nice!!! I was going to re-tube with all new 6L6's and I am glad I did not!!!!

lonestarlove said:
I know that this has been talked about time and again, but OMGOSH.... I am so thrilled. I love the fact that Boogies that take different tubes all respond so differently. I cant say enough about the sweet, chimey, rich, fat full tone I am getting.

4 - 6V6's
4 Ohm Spkr Input
Tweed
Tube Tracking
Reverb.....

Think Deluxe Reverb with Marshall Growl!!! So Nice!!! I was going to re-tube with all new 6L6's and I am glad I did not!!!!

I'm assuming you use the 6L6 setting for bias, correct? Tell me more about power output, settings, etc. Sounds like what I am looking for. I am using 6L6s and would love sort of that overdriven Deluxe on steroids sound and I'm close...but not exactly there.

Tone Guy - Its is absolutely phenomenal. I've cranked fender deluxes but this is WAY OVER THE TOP. No bloating at high volumes, chimey channel one. Again, I'm running both channels on 100W settings, Tweed, Tube Tracking. I'm thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of 38 -44 Watts? Dunno - BUT IT IS LOUD yet retains clarity.

The overdrive channel is WOW. I think I may sell all my overdrive pedals.....Not really (lol)

My taste buds tell me the Tung Sol 6V6's in my opinion sound better than the EH or GT.

Thanks

Back