Lonestar v1 (Classic) - no sound

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nocluejimbo

Reaction score
I just received a Lonestar head that I purchased used on eBay. I plugged in a guitar and cabinet, and no sound came out. I switched the power tubes around, and got sound for about 5 minutes before the sound went away. I also tried both settings of the rectifier tracking and wattage switches, and still no sound.

Is there anything else I could try before asking for a refund or taking it in for an estimate/service?

Tubes, guitar cord, speaker cable. Frankly, if you just bought it and can get a refund I'd look for another Lonestar in working condition.

jmontgomery said:
Tubes, guitar cord, speaker cable. Frankly, if you just bought it and can get a refund I'd look for another Lonestar in working condition.

All good ideas. I tried all of them, and came to the same conclusion that you did - hopefully that refund gets approved.

Thanks!

jmontgomery said:
I hope it works out. Lone stars are one of the nicest amps out there.

The seller authorized a return. I found another LSC for sale - and one in a 19" 1x12 combo, which I will much prefer to the 27" long head that I bought first.

Back