LoneStar Special slave out to PA ???????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippdogs

Reaction score
I've been running a line out from the slave out on the back of my LSS Head into the PA board. Thought it was doing just fine. Then I read that this is not a good idea.........ok, anybody...recommendations? :oops:

If it is designed to be a slave to an external power amp, does that mean it will not work through a PA? If not, why not? I've been doing it with decent results.

I think the chances of it messing up your PA is pretty good. I have a rock crusher that has an output to a PA on it. It says the resistance is 560 ohms while the speaker out put is at 8 or 16 ohms. I am no expert in these things, but the more ohms the more resistance; meaning 560 ohms will drastically reduce the strength of the signal. I think that the slave output is just way too powerful to plug into your PA's mixing board. I'm glad it's worked and you've had good results. You may be lucky and not have damaged anything or you may have taken a few years off the life of your PA. I'd quit while you're ahead, but that's just me.

Back