New Classic owner

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kguitars

Reaction score
Hi I just got the Classic combo and really love the amp. I have noticed something strange. As I was rolling up and down the master volume in channel one, there was no sound up until 9:00 or so and suddenly the volume kicks in. Are you guys experiencing this? An old pot I guess? Thank you,

Congratulations on the new amp! That volume knob behavior doesn't sound quite right, though it's possible other settings might affect it too (Gain, Loop Send, etc.). If it's not super jumpy (like from inaudible to super loud) then it's not really of any consequence I guess...

Did you get a new amp or used? 10/50/100 or just 50/100?

Hi, it was a new old stock(50/100) and I ended up replacing those scratchy pots myself. That took care of the issue! Thank you,

kguitars said:
Hi, it was a new old stock(50/100) and I ended up replacing those scratchy pots myself. That took care of the issue! Thank you,
Excellent work, and mine was NOS too -- best deal in the universe. Right on!

Thanks, it was in the box sitting in a store's warehouse for a long time. I also had to replace a few jacks and the power cable. Believe it or not, this new high quality power cable made the amp sound bolder and thicker! How could the last 6 feet of the cabling do the trick? That I don't know but I even had more profound results with my Stiletto's clean channel. Not so much with my mini rec.

The old 50/100 classic is a great amp. I'm about 7 yrs into mine and it has never let me down.

Back