Lonestar Classic Channel One Static

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dlgibson

Reaction score
Been having problems with static on channel one on my Lonestar Classic. Channel two is clean and clear.

Switched out the power tubes with no improvement. Went through and selectively switched out the pre amp tubes one at a time. Used a new Mesa 12AX7 and started with the V1 tube. Fired up the amp and had no improvement. Put the original V1 back in and then went to V2. Repeated this process for each pre amp tube, firing up the amp after each swap with no improvement.

I've noticed the static goes away when the channel one reverb is turned all the way down. I cleaned this pot with Deoxit D5 and Deoxit Fader Lube using a Stewart-McDonald pot cleaner gizmo. The static is still there.

Thinking of swapping out all five of the pre amp tubes at one time to see what happens. If that does not work then it's probably the plate resistor.

Any theories? Appreciate the help.

I had the same problem with my LSC and did pretty much everything you did. In the end, it ended up being the plate resistor.

Latest posts

Back