LSC trouble

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeVFR

Reaction score
Hey all,

Quick question...
My LSC has static and noise on channel one (intermittent). I have checked guitar cables etc. Noise is only on channel one. I have swapped pre-amp tubes one at a time, but still cannot isolate source. I can change the noise by making adjustments with treble pot. I have used contact cleaner on pot, still noisy. Also, when I switch the loop bypass in and out, it seems to affect it. Channel two is totally fine. My guess is pre-amp tube, any other suggestions would be appreciated...

Thanks

Are you using reverb on both channels? If you are only using it on the clean channel...... try swapping the reverb tube.

Got ot the MB website and email Tien and ask if tle suggestion, a good one doesn't cure it.

I checked suggestion with reverb, no difference. The treble pot and loop bypass seem to affect it the most. Channel 2 is totally fine regardless of reverb or loop settings...

Try applying some contact cleaner to the effect loop jacks. This has been known to fix symptoms a lot like you describe.

Is the clean channel in 100 watt mode and channel 2 in a lower power setting? Maybe it is a power tube. Try the clean channel in a lower wattage setting or the same setting as the dirty channel if they are different. if that don't work try replacing v1 preamp tube.

I would think that if it was th loop jacks it would happen on both channels

I just had the exact same problem with my LSC. Problem was due to some bad plate load resistors. Hope this helps you out.

Latest posts

Back