small rip in speaker grill cloth

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capitalv

Reaction score
Hi, I purchased a used LSS 2X12 and it has a small rip in the speaker grill cloth. Assuming I can buy a new cloth from Mesa, does the whole front face unscrew from the rest of the cabinet, or is it a nightmare to replace it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh by the way I did the Reeder mods 1 and 2 and really love it.

The grill unscrews from the back of the baffle. PITA. I don't think Mesa sells the cloth. At least the pewter grill cloth. A search here will reveal a place that the cloth is found for the LSC bronco blue's pewter grill cloth. Charles Reeder was the one who tracked it down. What color is your LSS grill cloth?

the speaker grill color is tan or beige. I called Mesa and you have to buy a whole front for $218. The tear is small and only cosmetic but the amp is in pristine condition and I like my stuff to be nice. There is an apholster in my town and said he could fix it if i get the material. Thanks

capitalv said:
The tear is small and only cosmetic but the amp is in pristine condition and I like my stuff to be nice.

I totally understand. If one of my amps has a noticeable blemish (which many of them do, a lot of my stuff is old fender), it drives me nuts every time i look at it. Grillcloth tears are among the most hideous disfigurements an amplifier's exterior can ever be cursed with. I once received a '66 deluxe reverb from ebay that had an awful stain in the lower left corner of the grillcloth which was not immediately evident in the photos. I am still in counselling.

Latest posts

Back