I'm going to say it at my own Boogie Board peril

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellem52

Reaction score
The Lonestar v2 has too many possible sounds.

It NEVER ends. I touch the damned amp more than I touched my X Wife (ohhhh)...

Crystal Clear

Ridiculous Headroom

No Headroom

Crunchy Skank

Country Spank

Shreddy Fluid

Muddy Water

Old Zep

New Zep

AC/DC

Liquifyingly Loud

Heartbreakingly Crystal

I CAN'T CHOOSE... I've had the amp for 4 years and I'm just starting to figure out the BACK panel... Oh Dear Mesa forgive me for I have sinned... sometimes I think to myself, I wish I had a Line6 with a few buttons to push.

I said it! I said it! The Mesa Lonestar has TOO many possibilities!!!!

LOL! I feel your pain (and love every bit of it too!...uhm...Dr. Freud?).

Versatile is just too short of a word for the Lone Star...and changes it's tune quicker than any politician I know of...and more easily persuaded by other influences (well...maybe that eliminates the politician comment). I have a fairly cheap 'transparent overdrive' unit...and it makes my two channels into four without even trying. Setting the Clean channel to just barely breaking up and the overdrive channel to warm and biting...engage the overdrive and BINGO...70's grit to Overdriven Heaven in one stomp! Add my Ibanez UE-405 rack effects into the mix and round out any sound you want...pure analog warmth!

Ah yes... he gets it. Welcome. 8)
Add to all this your guitar's volume knob, engaged with Ch2... and it all just gets even crazier.

Scary said:
Don't buy a Mark series amp whatever you do!

+1000

Thankfully, my LSC is "uncomplicated" compared to the MKV, which can be infuriating, frustrating, beautiful, outstanding - all within 3 minutes :evil:

I see what you did there hahaha

I have played the LSC and am borderline sold on the LSS pending cashflow but am always looking for input and am so glad that I recently found The Boogie Board!! Please tell me that the LSS will end my ToneQuest.. what a long hard journey it has been my friends :cry:

Latest posts

Back