LSC - Effects Loop Distortion

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeller

Reaction score
Is the Effects Loop tube driven?

The loop signal is distorted. Like the other post, if I don't run the loop all the way, the volume drops dramatically over the bypassed or unused loop level.

I just got a TC Hall of Fame reverb pedal which I was testing out running thru the loop with a Boss DD-20. The Hall of Fame was crackling, cutting out and generally gagging. But it is fine running thru the front of the amp, or into my Electra-Dyne/

Any thoughts????
Mike

Yes, The loop is tube driven. How are you setting the loop send? I also believe the manual said that the Master Volume of each channel should be set lower if you use the loop. They also will contribute to sending a very hot signal to your pedals in the loop. I think the manual tells how to set the loop. I had kinda the same problem with a MXR carbon copy in the loop. I played with settings and was able to get it better but was still not happy. I ended up trading it for a TC Nova Repeater that has a High Input for loops and it works and sounds great. Have you tried each pedal in the loop separate and see if it does it then?

Well, I have set the control on the loop full up in an attempt to match the unlooped volume. But as I read the the manual, it seems that the the OUTPUT control on the front panel is really to be used for that purpose. The TC Hall of Fame seems to respond to the loop differently than the DD-20, so I really need to play with it more and back down that input level and pump up the output level and see if the distortion continues. If so, I think V3 is the loop driver tube, I can look at that.

It just threw me off yesterday, cuz the loop in the LSC is quite different than the loop in both my Electra-Dyne and the Mini-Rec I just bought.

Thanks for the reply

That doesn't sound right. I would look at the valve. There have been some input jack issues on the loop as well that need some cleaning with some contact cleaner spray. Also the TC has a buffer/TB switch inside of it. Switching it might make a difference. But the loop running full on is probably causing the distortion and should obtain unity at 1:00. The loop function is tied in with the Solo circuit as well. Try turning up the Solo volume.

Its all good - operator error!!! I completely misunderstood the inner-play between effects input level on the back of the amp and the output on the front of the amp. I was looking at the output level on the front as an overall master volume like my old Maverick had!!!!

Thanks for the help
Mike

Hello Mike/ anyone.

Lone star noob here. I picked on this old thread as I have an almost identical problem. I too use a DD20 and a Hall of Fame through the loop together with some other pedals. I get a distorted tone from the Hall of Fame pedal- though only on the Big Room with a View toneprint. It sounds like digital distortion as if the signal into the pedal is too hot.

TC say that he pedal should be able to handle anything that is thrown at it, but nevertheless, if I dig in a bit (either channel) then I often get the distortion.

I've juggled with the loop level signal on the back together with the output level on the front and though I can improve the pedal's response, I'm losing overall output.

I just wondered what you actually did to resolve it?

Cheers.

I find alot of little quirks with lonestars are solved by simply familiarizing yourself with the rig - reading the manual, and refamiliarizing yourself with the rig.... if your a real dummy repeat the first three steps :wink: (like me)
I had nearly pulled out my hair at first with my LSC because I didnt quite understand the architecture of the amplifier... I was getting a srcatchy sound in my clean channel - it not the most simple plug and play setup there is out there.... however once I "got it" I was and still am in tone heaven - these amps are freakin amazing!!! I dont even understand the problem some people have with the dirty channel on them - I get the most amazing and versatile range of dirty sounds running a Gibby Nighthawk through a Boss OC-3 and staight into the amp...... The cleans are also pristine....
Hope you find you problem and it doesnt require a tech...
Cheers
Charliewood

philh27 said:
Hello Mike/ anyone.

Lone star noob here. I picked on this old thread as I have an almost identical problem. I too use a DD20 and a Hall of Fame through the loop together with some other pedals. I get a distorted tone from the Hall of Fame pedal- though only on the Big Room with a View toneprint. It sounds like digital distortion as if the signal into the pedal is too hot.

TC say that he pedal should be able to handle anything that is thrown at it, but nevertheless, if I dig in a bit (either channel) then I often get the distortion.

I've juggled with the loop level signal on the back together with the output level on the front and though I can improve the pedal's response, I'm losing overall output.

I just wondered what you actually did to resolve it?

Cheers.

I just make sure the effects loop control doesn't exceed 1:00

Back