Lonestar Classic Tolex Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixbladeknife

Reaction score
I'm fascinated with the tone of the LSC and am hoping to buy one in the next 3 or 4 months. My question is what's the difference between the blue and black tolex models?

Are the newer ones with the 10-watt option all black?

Is one generation of the LSC superior to another, or have they stayed the same since they were created.

I want to make sure I get the right amp, right year, etc.

I'm thinking I'll get the 2 x 12" model, but I'm curious to know what you guys have to say about
1 x 12 vs 2 x 12 vs a head and cab. I've never actually played any of them, I'm just always impressed
when I hear someone playing one.

Thanks much!

sixbladeknife said:
I'm fascinated with the tone of the LSC and am hoping to buy one in the next 3 or 4 months. My question is what's the difference between the blue and black tolex models?

Is one generation of the LSC superior to another, or have they stayed the same since they were created.

I'm thinking I'll get the 2 x 12" model, but I'm curious to know what you guys have to say about
1 x 12 vs 2 x 12 vs a head and cab. I've never actually played any of them, I'm just always impressed

Thanks much!

Most of the Blue Bronco Tolex'd LSCs are the original 50/100 watt versions. The blue bronco tolex was standard. The 10/50/100 versions defaulted to black tolex. However, I am sure you can still order a LSC in the Blue Bronco tolex for the nominal upgrade charge.

As to the tone, most will argue that they all sound the same. However, that has not been my experience. I have owned about 5 - 6 LSCs since they were released, a couple were heads, other combos (both 1x12 and 2x12). To my ears, the original 50/100 version has better tone.....I even went as far as to sell my new 2x12 combo and purchased the current 50/100 combo I have now. I can definitely hear the difference. YMMV

sixbladeknife said:

Thanks much!

My advice would be to consider the weight of the 2 x 12 combo. Seriously. There is a chart showing the weights of all the amps on Mesas website. The LSC 2 x 12 weighs 79 pounds........They are not called the Big Blue Pig for nothin'. Just a thought......

Oh, and out of the combo form factors, the widebody 1x12 sounds the best.

Weight wouldn't be an issue. I only play at home and have an f30 for travel if needed.

the widebody 1x12 sounds the best

Why so in your opinion? I'm definitely not opposed to a 1 x 12.

Back