What speakers do you run in your LSS?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Tweedbucket

Reaction score
I'm on to the Celestion Golds and wow! What a difference! It's very detailed, super touch sensitive and articulate. I wonder if their are any other cool speakers that sound better than the stock BS?

I use mine for a balls out rock tone that's along the lines of a driven Fender punk sound.

I've gotten my best results out of a G12M-25 or a Vintage 30.

I prefer the G12M if I can pair it with another G12M in an extension cab as the single G12M can get a little woofy on it's own. Having the second speaker fills in the bottom end so you can cut the bass a little more without it sounding thinned out.

If we're talking just a single speaker I prefer a Vintage 30. It seems to resist the boxy sound that the 1x12 combo format produces, and it resists the woof you get if you run your bass a little higher to compensate for using a single speaker. Plus I can run the LSS wide open without worrying about the speaker.

Weber ceramic Bluedog, 50 W light dope here. Probably in the same tonal universe as the Celestion Gold. Anyhow, sounds awesome in this amp, less mud but not shrill.

I put a Celestion Gold in my LSS a while back and the only thing I can say is I wish I had done it earlier.

I have the 2 x 12. A while ago I put in 2 Celestion Century Neos. I wanted to brighten the amp up and also make it lighter as it was stupidly heavy. The Centurys worked OK sounded pretty good but I couldn't help thinking the amp had lost something, and soundrd a little flat. I ended up putting back one of the C90s, and keeping one of the Century speakers. Good compromise, a significant weight saving and sounded very good. Well I always wanted to try a Celestion Gold. I always loved the Brian May AC30 chimey kind of sound, and had heard good things about Alnico speakers. Very hesitant because they are very expensive. I ordered one on Sunday night and received it today. It is now fitted; the LSS has one Celestion Gold and one Century neo. Early days and all but I really think it sounds stunning. Beautiful crunchy chimey tone, works great with all my distortions, just fantastic. Cleans are bright and lovely. I know it is early days and it is easy to get carried away, but I am so happy, and as the previous poster said, so far my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.

Back