LSS Second Channel

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twally

Reaction score
I read a post on The Gear Page about rolling the mid control all the way off. It also suggested rolling off all bass, which I've tried before but don't really like it. However, rolling back the mids really makes a heck of a difference in this channel.
Think Billy Gibbons.
Try it----you may like it.

That was probably me. I read something in the manual about the Mid control affecting the 'feel' of the amp more than the actual midrange content, so I tried it. AWESOME. It brought out the best in the speaker, worked with all my guitars & pedals, and just in general made a great amp better. I keep my Mid between Off and 9:00 on both channels, and definitely don't lack for mids in my sound.

This would not be the right setting if you like a hard, ultra-snappy response. It seems to slow things down a bit and create a squishier feel, which I love.

As for the bass control, turning it all the way off makes no sense to me, especially if you play single coil guitars, but lowering it down to 9:00 or so is great for making humbuckers less muddy. Why would someone roll off all the bass?

Hope that all made sense!

Thanks for the tip. I've always liked the second channel (unlike some others) but cutting the mids really opens the amp up. I can't wait to try it out at gigging volumne.

Latest posts

Back