get the mud out LS mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamme61

Reaction score
You can add a 250 pf cap, to the drive pot, on the 2nd channel.This will help, get rid of the muddy sound, on the second channel, when using the drive mode. As you raise the level of the drive pot, you will get less effect of the mod. It's just a high pass filter (like on a guitar pot) it works great and is easy to do and reversible. Just a 250pf cap with one end soldered to the far left lug (facing the front looking down at the pot) and the other end of the cap to the middle lug of the pot. You can check it out with some alligator clips first before you solder it.

Very interesting. Easier than the pot swap... I doubt it does the exact same thing, though I don't really know. If I hadn't already swapped my pots, I'd try this first. Thanks for the the idea.

you're welcome, I was about to sell my LS, untill this mod. Never did the pot switch, I'll have to try that too.

I've tried all the mods on here for my LSC,
This is by far the most effective one for removing the mud!
It's works well, with drive about 12oclock it's like adding a bright switch.
I'm so in love with my boogie right now!
Thanks jamme61, great mod!

Hi

Thanks for the info. I may try this out. Can you advise on what voltage rating the cap needs to be and if it should be a ceramic cap or whatever.

Thanks again.

Tom

I'm not the right person to answer your question Tom but I just used an ordinary ceramic disc type cap, I don't know what voltage rating they are but I think it's fairly high.
It's wasn't even 250pf, I think it was 270 or 230 I can't remember now.
Anyway everything works well and sounds awesome!

handyandy said:
I'm not the right person to answer your question Tom but I just used an ordinary ceramic disc type cap, I don't know what voltage rating they are but I think it's fairly high.
It's wasn't even 250pf, I think it was 270 or 230 I can't remember now.
Anyway everything works well and sounds awesome!

Thanks for the reply. Apparently, after some more research, silver mica caps are a good option and these are generally rated for 500 volts which is ample. I am actually pretty happy with my LSS at the moment but may give this a go. Probably on the gain pots though not the drive pot.

Latest posts

Back