Effects Loop Bypass

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny K

Reaction score
Has anyone ever considered interrupting the hard bypass switch to wire in a stomp pedal? I have found that not being able to bypass my effects loop with my foot during live gigs has me wanting that feature. Shouldn't be that hard to do except for the whole warranty thing. Just a thought.

I found that the volume level change is huge when bypassing the effects loop. That might pose a challenge on stage, however the tone is sooo much better with the loop bypassed. This is where the cleans truly come alive.

I asked myself the same question. I'm sure it could be done. However for now I've just gone back to ignoring the effects loop.

The switch hole could be used for a jack to a foot switch. It would have to be an 1/8 inch jack and plug instead of a 1/4 inch which is usually the standard. Get a Single Pole Single Throw foot switch quality switch. If you don't get a foot switch quality switch the switch won't hold up.

For those of you not using the effects loop: does this mean you are not using things like delay pedals or are you using them in front of the amp?

I think he meant hard bypass the loop so he could switch in or out the effects in the loop.

Looking at the schematic, a SPST foot switch and an quarter-inch phone plug or 3.5 mm phone jack and wire to run to the foot switch.

Back