What guitar do you like with your lonestar?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozboy

Reaction score
Thought I was getting nice tone on the LSC using a Gibson 335, then the PRS 305 rolled up at the front door.

Now the clean tone is very cool. Luv that combo. Sure there's heaps more to be had from it.

Never quite realised how clean a "noisy" single coil can be.

Les Paul. I like my buddy's American Strat, and now I'm thinking about a G&L S-500. There's a good deal on one locally. I think I might like a G&L Legacy better, but they should be similar enough guitars.

For me my American Strat sounds killer. I also like my Epiphone Sheraton.

Mostly rockin' my Telecaster these days, but everything i have sounds great with my Lone Star.

I also have an ES-335 which sounds nice with my LSC. I have a G&L Asat Classic S which has the MFD pickups in it and it also sounds pretty good. But my favorite with this amp?....It's a Strat with a Pearly Gates in the bridge and Texas Special singles in the middle and neck. The Pearly is killer on higher gain settings with tons of punch and a beautiful articulation and clarity of notes. The Specials give you all the mid gain bluesy goodness you can ask for, and wonderful, sparkling clean tones. Absolutely love this combination of amp and guitar.

I have TWO main guitars I use with the lonestar 2x12 classic, One is a PRS Modern Eagle Private Stock. The other is a Fender 57 reissue strat...BOTH sound fantastic through my lonestar and with me buying an axe fx ultra for effects, they will sound even better.

I have the LSS and use either a Cp Thornton Fusion, a Suhr nashville tele and an Anderson Crowdster. I use a TC Electronics Nova system for effects through the effects loop (but not gain/distortion).

PRS CU24s are great

But the PRS 513 is outstanding for its single to HB combinations with a driven LSC. All in the switching of 1 guitar

What guitar with my LSS? One of these, preferably:

DSC00051a.jpg

Chester said:
PRS CU24s are great

But the PRS 513 is outstanding for its single to HB combinations with a driven LSC. All in the switching of 1 guitar
Have you compared the 513 single coil with the 305? I am mad keen on the 305 but every now and then think a humbucker would make for a nice heavy sound.

ozboy said:
Chester said:
PRS CU24s are great

Have you compared the 513 single coil with the 305? I am mad keen on the 305 but every now and then think a humbucker would make for a nice heavy sound.

Both models use the same pups, so single coil sounds will be very similar

Don't forget the response difference between mahogany / alder. The 305 alder body will be brighter than the mahogany 513 (mine has a rosewood neck which rounds out the response even further). If you are looking for versatility, you can't go wrong with a 513. Spank to growl in the flick of a switch without changing amp settings

1. Eric Johnson Strat
2. G & L S 500
3. Tie between Gretsch 6128 (Duo Jet) and 6118 (Anniversary).

Also any of my Reverends. I find my LP & 335 a little on the dark side.

Chester said:
ozboy said:
Chester said:
PRS CU24s are great

Both models use the same pups, so single coil sounds will be very similar

Don't forget the response difference between mahogany / alder. The 305 alder body will be brighter than the mahogany 513 (mine has a rosewood neck which rounds out the response even further). If you are looking for versatility, you can't go wrong with a 513. Spank to growl in the flick of a switch without changing amp settings

Is it right they use the same pickups? I have read in several places that they are different. I think the 513 would also be a great guitar. Absolutely thrilled to bits with the 305 and haven't played my other guitar (gibson 335) since. Just using the LSC on fairly low volume, channel 1 bass at 10:30 (for some blues beat) tweed, effects loop, and loving the whole setup.

Me and me mate mostly play acoustic stuff but he picked up the 305 the other day and I had to forcibly take it back off him.

My classic series strat with bare knuckle no1's sounds peachy. But fir overall versatility and balls, my PRS DGT is just a marriage made in heaven. I run a dual amp set up, lsc & lss. Spoilt b'stad, I know! :)

WantaMKIV! said:
My classic series strat with bare knuckle no1's sounds peachy. But fir overall versatility and balls, my PRS DGT is just a marriage made in heaven. I run a dual amp set up, lsc & lss. Spoilt b'stad, I know! :)
Show us your stuff! :D

Latest posts

Back