reverb issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philboogie

Reaction score
hey guys i just recieved a new lonestar classic 2x12 earlier,(my 1st mesa :D )and noticed when switching channels on the footswitch it makes the reverb react with a muffled pooooooooooooooooof about one second after iv switched,i spoke to my mate (another mesa owner) and he mentioned about the footswitch or footswitch lead....so i unplugged the footswitch and tried switching channels via the front panel and there is no poooooooof,can anyone help me :( ???

cheers guys

phil

same thing happens to me..it only happens when I am switching from channel 2 to channel 1. a whooshing delayed reverb sound.. i have the same reverb setting for both channels too.

Hey guys. The footswitch uses a small silicon optocoupler, that is located internally in the amp, that is the culprit here. The delay and poof has to do with this part # 4N33. The switch on the front panel is located on the receiving end of this part, whereas the foot switch sends signal to that side through an LED inside the 4N33. The switching pop and charging whoosh is associated with the response time of this part. There might be a fix for the pop, but the delay has to do with the internal resistance and response time of the 4N33. The whoosh in the reverb is just the influx, or incoming signal going through the circuit.

AudioMonk said:
Hey guys. The footswitch uses a small silicon optocoupler, that is located internally in the amp, that is the culprit here. The delay and poof has to do with this part # 4N33. The switch on the front panel is located on the receiving end of this part, whereas the foot switch sends signal to that side through an LED inside the 4N33. The switching pop and charging whoosh is associated with the response time of this part. There might be a fix for the pop, but the delay has to do with the internal resistance and response time of the 4N33. The whoosh in the reverb is just the influx, or incoming signal going through the circuit.

I have the same problem in my LSS. Is there any remedy for this issue, i.e. replacing the 4N33 with something more efficient?

Any updates on this subject, because I'm having a similar symptom going on as well.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back