Able to get Zep/Aerosmith tones from LSS?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrkoosh

Reaction score
checking to see if anyone has done this. Playing thru a PRS. The humbuckers rock the Channel 2 nicely. Just a little mid rangey though. Looking for tips

Thanks!

I found the Reeder Mod # 2, The Mid Mod, gave me more control of the mids....and actually allows you to basically turn them off.

After doing the Reeder Mod #1, the pot swap, I found there was way more useable gain. Bright, clean....and as awesome as channel 1. Using a nice OD pedal, you can get the screaming leads or the gritty AC/DC/Aerosmith sounds without the pedal. I now consider it a 3 channel amp.

I switched my tubes to EL34's some time ago after buying a wicked sounding Les Paul and couldn't be happier with the soudn of EL34's in this with my Les Paul. I plug straight into the amp, no need for pedals at all anymore and can nail the Jimmy Page tone. I can get spot on tone from the Outrider album, specifically the song Prison Blues. Some of the most awesome, brutal recorded tone in the world as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMkBSbjpEFk

For a dirty overdrive I turn down the gain and turn up the drive control. I think I also have it set for thick.

Back