LSS Tone Heaven:

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared Purdy

Reaction score
LSS Tone Heaven:

IMG_2010.jpg

Fender Strat Deluxe with medium gauge bullets. I have read quite a number of posts where players seem to think the LSS works better with single coils. I'm not suresure about that as I have never tested the opinion. I've been jonesing for a PRS Swamp Ash narrow field, but I woudl want to test out a couple PRS before. The stereo type of the Mesa and the PRS is all over the place, and they are more often than not attributable to metal players playing with Recitifiers and humbuckers, not necessarily an LSS being used for blues. It's a highly adjustable amp (maybe too adjustable). I can't imagine it not working with any guitar.

Thanks.....was just curious. I use a strat I've yet to try with the LSC, and an N4. The N4 sounds amazing.

I think it's a Washburn...
I'm in tone heaven with a Gibson blues hawk!

Yes...my N4 is made by Washburn. It's the Nuno Bettencourt signature guitar. It's made of Paduak so the tone is awesome.

This currently where Im at tone wise, not sure Im 100% happy with it but time will tell.
ChurchGear1.jpg

And my weapon of choice which I absolutely love this thing.
ChurchGear3.jpg

May as well post the board while I'm at it.
ChurchGear5.jpg

I found the best tone with a lowered gain and high master this way the el 84s start to show their teeth.

do you generally have to keep your masters down low, around 7pm like that for the tone to occur?

i know in my heartbreaker, even at half power, in tweed setting, it wouldn't even start to breath anything but preamp tone until i had the master up around 12pm and the channels at least at 2 or 3.

I noticed a third button in the middle of your LSS footswitch. Did you by chance do the mod to make the drive pot footswitchable? Been thinking about doing this. Thanks.

Back