Possible Mod on Reeder Mod # 1 ????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markooo

Reaction score
I just joined the Boogie Board, have a LSS and finally read about the Reeder Mod # 1.

I am such a novice/beginner, that when I demo amps I really need to use am a/b pedal that allows me to hear them side by side.

So this made me wonder. It seems that it would be possible to add a switch ( or two maybe ) that would actually allow the amp to be played as stock ... flip the switch/switches and it would be playing with the Reeder mod. In a sense, just an a/b selector ( or two .)

Of course this would mean altering the back of the chassie ... but would keep both camps happy.

If this takes off I would like to maybe call it the Courtney Reeder Mod.

I welcome all thoughts.

This was briefly discussed a while back, I think... I think it would be great to be able to switch back and forth. It would be interesting to get a handle on the solution. Would the mod

• a) route synchronized switches between the leads to each pot, essentially switching which pots that the Master and Gain leads go to
    b) involve a switch that would somehow alter the tapers of the Master and Gain pots to swap values (is this even possible?)
    c) necessitate the manufacture of push/pull pots for each control, which switch between the two different tapers? (that would be kinda cool -- then you could switch between 4 different voicings or combinations of taper characteristics)

One thing to keep in mind too is that a switch like this would very likely change the output level quite a bit, depending on where the knobs were set at the time... might be impractical as a footswitchable function.

markooo said:
If this takes off I would like to maybe call it the Courtney Reeder Mod.
I welcome all thoughts.
Nice try Kid, but Charles already thought of a switch. :oops:

Lead dress might cause Hum if this mod were added like that. I guess I am curious why Randal hasn't started turning out LSS with the pots swapped. Seems like any improvement would increase their marketability.

rfrakes said:
Lead dress might cause Hum if this mod were added like that. I guess I am curious why Randal hasn't started turning out LSS with the pots swapped. Seems like any improvement would increase their marketability.
Ive done all the mods posted here and else where, each time Ive put it back to stock, except for the bias control.
Im like a lot of others who bought the LS for exactly what it is. I may not have bought it if came already with the mods. I just dont hear their affect as a plus.

lostcause said:
rfrakes said:
Ive done all the mods posted here and else where, each time Ive put it back to stock, except for the bias control.
Im like a lot of others who bought the LS for exactly what it is. I may not have bought it if came already with the mods. I just dont hear their affect as a plus.

I agree, I like mine just the way it is. Stock.

jmontgomery said:
lostcause said:
rfrakes said:

I agree, I like mine just the way it is. Stock.

Same here....love my LSC stock

Back