LSC with TC Electronic G-system

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone use one with the LSC? Through the Loop?

I currently use a Line 6 M13 through the loop for delays/mods. I'm not too crazy about that combo.... takes too much of the amps sound away in my opinion.

Telecastermaster said:

I currently use a Line 6 M13 through the loop for delays/mods. I'm not too crazy about that combo.... takes too much of the amps sound away in my opinion.

The key to limiting tone degradation on the GSys is to properly match the levels....and get one of the newer ones with the upgraded input that removes tone suckage that plagued the original ones.

Just my 2p, but.....

I had a G-System Limited for 10 days before I sent it back, because despite the reworked analog section to my ears it did still change thin the tone. I have an LSC 212 10/50/100. I had no noise problems but for me it changed the tone too much. Others will disagree but that was my experience.

I followed the whitepapers that have been published on setting the device up and still found this. I have now switched to a floor based system using individual pedals and a GigRig Pro-14 at the heart as a switching system.

You'll have to try it for yourself to see how you get on, but I have no audible degradation in tone with my new setup. Not sure where you are based but if it is in Europe, Thomann.de were excellent about me returning the unit, so there was very little risk.

As I say your ears may not care when you get it, and I am by no means a tone snob, I was gutted to be sending it back. But the change was just too noticeable for me.

D

FunkyMonkey said:
Just my 2p, but.....

I had a G-System Limited for 10 days before I sent it back, because despite the reworked analog section to my ears it did still change thin the tone. I have an LSC 212 10/50/100. I had no noise problems but for me it changed the tone too much. Others will disagree but that was my experience.

I followed the whitepapers that have been published on setting the device up and still found this. I have now switched to a floor based system using individual pedals and a GigRig Pro-14 at the heart as a switching system.

You'll have to try it for yourself to see how you get on, but I have no audible degradation in tone with my new setup. Not sure where you are based but if it is in Europe, Thomann.de were excellent about me returning the unit, so there was very little risk.

As I say your ears may not care when you get it, and I am by no means a tone snob, I was gutted to be sending it back. But the change was just too noticeable for me.

D

Yah, that's the way I am leaning.... I don't like what the M13 does to the sound, I'm not a tone snob either but I know the difference between the way my amp sounds with and without the digital effects. I was afraid that the G system would do the same thing. I may one day try it out from someplace that will take a return but for now I think I will go towards expanding my pedal board.

Thanks!

JAZZGEAR said:
Telecastermaster said:

The key to limiting tone degradation on the GSys is to properly match the levels....and get one of the newer ones with the upgraded input that removes tone suckage that plagued the original ones.

Got a G Force running through the loop on both Mesa amps. Works great without sucking tone, but like Mesa gear, TC's need tweaking to get things set up the way you want them. Put 2 pieces of sensitive gear together and you double the tweak issues, but when you get to where you want to be, it doesn't get much better IMHO

Latest posts

Back