Andy Timmons clinic

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry

Reaction score
Attended the Andy Timmons clinic last night at Fat Sound Guitars in Cary, NC . That was off the chains good . He had his LS loaded with EL34s . The rep told they had done it the night before just to experiment . Sounded great . What super gracious person he is .

Saw Andy last week in Pa. My first time seeing him and it wont be my last I can tell you that! I started listening to him since I got my LSC (any youtube search with Lonestar in it will yield something from Andy) and I cant believe I didn't before that, he is a brilliant guitar player. Even got my picture taken with him! :D Great night, great tone, great playing. Good times. Very down to earth and friendly fella to.

I would have loved to hear how his setup sounded with EL34s. Was it much different?

Yeah I quizzed him on the EL34s . I know the rep so he shared with me that they swapped to El34s the night before just on a whim . I kinda think he prefers the 6L6s but the jury is still out .
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u92/barry2001/dsc00986.jpg

Just curious if he changed his settings because of El34s.

He changes his settings around too since that video, he did an interview on the Mesa site and it was definitely different from infamous youtube/mesa boogie video.

I would imagine he tweaked it a bit for the EL34s . I didnt take any pics of the settings, sorry . Sometimes I think people make too much of settings . Unless you are playing the same guitar I wouldnt think your settings would be the same . Maybe similar though .

Back