LSC footswitch mod - SOLO surprise!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F0udet

Reaction score
I made the ch.2 Drive/Clean footswitch mod this morning. To avoid drilling the chassis, I inserted the jack in place of the reverb switch jack (the one under...).
For commodity reasons, I choose to put the 2pdt stompswitch in the original LS footswitch, with a green led as a Drive/Clean indicator (drilling 3 holes : led, input jack, stomp). The led is powered in // with the existing two others.

Everything works fine, BUT : now the SOLO pot on the front pannel is always active (in Ch. 2), and I noticed a small volume drop in Ch. 2 when pluging the (drive/clean) jack in the footswitch!!!!

I previously made both Reeder mods. The masters pots swap is really effective ; no such thing can be said about the Mid pots mod (maybe I don't play loud enough).

OOps! Shortcuted the Boost/Solo switch on the pedalswitch board. Now all is correct, and a real 3-channels Lonestar. I installed a red led on the footswitch : heaven!

Nice! Pics? Where did you place the switch? Right in the middle on the Mesa logo?

The three switches with corresponding leds are in line.

I had to add a jack from the ftsw to the Lonestar head (in place of the reverb switch jack on the bottom). A couple of stereo jacks/cable could certainly do the job... If I take the time to grab my wife's camera, I'll take pictures of the mod (electronic and cosmetic).

where do you wire the LED? I'm looking to do it on the ft sw that I'm using but the LED will be off when the drive is engaged and on when it's not, I need the opposite.
You may look into the drive volume mod next which makes it a 'real' 3 channels. You're not quite there yet :wink:

Now i get 3 modes (if not "channels") : Ch1 (no led on ftsw) - Ch2 Clean (switch 1/red led) - Ch2 Drive (switch 2/red led + green led). The most tricky is to balance volumes of Ch2 clean and Ch2 drive (and to use large shoes in certain cases:). I can't remember where i wired the led, but there is no "opposite" situation as you mentionned.

Guess I have to open up the ft switch box to see where the LEDs get the pwr from. But if you use a separate switch or use the Mesa switch on the drive, you'll get the LED behaves like I described.
Were you able to get the exact LED and switch that Mesa used? if so can you let me know the part# and where to get them.

Back