Additional amp to compliment a Lonestar Classic 212

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauljohnson

Reaction score
I am currently running a Lonestar Classic 212 combo. I absolutley love this amp.

My main problem is that it is too big/heavy/loud for home use. I am sick of damaging both my back and my walls when taking it upstairs to the spare room / music room after gigs and rehearsals.

I think the solution is to get a smaller amp to use at home and then use the lonestar for gigs. However, when I was considering this I thought it might be cool to use this second amp at gigs as well, just to get some more tones/colours.

What do you guys think? Is it worth the hassel/expense of a two amp setup or should I just buy a cheap modelling amp for home use. Allthough it does seem a shame to spend time playing a crappy amp when you have got a lonestar sat downstairs.

Any ideas would be great. I play mainly blues and use the Lonestars CH 1 for that clear pushed 6l6 tone. CH 2 is used as a more mid heavy solo tone (Soldano Lead-ish).

Paul

I was in the same boat as you a little while ago. I was tried of using the LSC in my apt, and was tired of playing unplugged. I managed to acquire a Tweed Fender Pro Junior. It is so much fun to play around the house and practice with. I have tried it for a two amp setup, but the difficulties outweighed the benefits.

I also just picked up a Vox AC4. I dont know if you have seen these yet, but they are all over music forums online. They are overhyped, but fun and cool little amps. It lets you adjust the wattage from 4, to 1, to 1/4. 1/4 is still loud, but I can still get some nice tube breakup in my apartment.

Hi,

new member here, although I lurked here for a while and had my LSC for four or five years now. I love the blue beast. So Hi to all boogie boarders.

I found that slaving out the LSC through my old AC30 (brilliant or normal channel) gave a bright sparkly dimension, very useful for the darker Ch2. Carefully adjust slave output signal and blend the volumes. Might add some more colours/tones for you. Although it doesn't answer your question on the loudness (the Vox is loud). May be an AC15 or other smaller bright EL84 amp could be a useful counterpart?

Let us know how you get on.

Back