How much do you crank Channel 2?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thom

Reaction score
Hi
The manual set up examples, (LSS), show the drive and gain at fairly conservative levels. I am getting amazing sounds on channel 2 with the drive on about 4 o'clock, (the knobs maxed out look like about 5 o'clock, just so you know what I mean), and the gain on 2 o'clock, treble almost maxed out, voice switch currently set to thickest. Sounds very gained and beautiful. I mainly use a strat but also sounds good with my cheapo Hamer fitted with Bareknuckle 'miracle man' pickups. Curious if anyone else cranks channel 2 like this.

Currently I use the ch. 2 gain @ 4 and drive @ 3 O'clk... My treble 9, mid 12, bass 9. I use my presence to pull off or add edge. I use a cele. gold and ev sro. my guitars all have active electronics, strats and lps. I use the volume pot to make adjustments. Im recording right now so I will get a much better idea how it sounds on tape. my settings differ alot from the norm but, I do have an active eq on board to get what I want. BTW I love 5 watts!

Right now the settings are:
Drive: 2:30
Gain: 3:30
Treble: almost max
Mids: 7:00
Bass: 8:30
pres: 10-11:00
50watt
ss rec
thicker
fx send level at 2:00
Speakers are celestion V30's in a closed back cab.
No Reeder mods.

PRS swamp ash special with Dimarzio AT-1 in the bridge and a Dimarzio 36th ann in the neck

If I was playing out rather than just at home, I would probably make a few alterations to the settings.
Also these settings dont work so well for my Heritage H150 with Seth Lovers. Becomes a little undefined and mushy. But its magic lies in other settings.

Back