Lonestars need pedal boards, let's see em!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mork

Reaction score
Had the guitars, now let's see some pedals! :)

pedal-board.jpg

Top left to right: Carl Martin XII chorus, Boss SD-1, Korg DT10 tuner.
Bottom left to right: TC Nova delay, Amp channel/Solo, Barber LTD, Barber Tone Press.

IMG_1761.jpg

This is paired with my Lonestar Special. Signal path is:

TheGigRig Humdinger (mounted underneath) into Loop-Master True Bypass Looper

Loop 1 - Keeley Crybaby
Loop 2 - Keeley Compressor
Loop 3 - Keeley Katana
Loop 4 - Keeley BD-2
Loop 5 - Paul Cochrane Tim
Loop 6 - Empress Superdelay

All the loops are cabled with Lavacable Solderless Mini-ELC. All other connections are Evidence Audio Lyric HG

Heres my pedal "non" board;
IMG_0200.jpg

Its not much but the Lonestar dosent need a lot of pedals! :lol:

This is mine, more or less -- I've since moved them around and built myself smaller footswitches for the amp and reverb, as I really try to keep my board small. Looking for a fuzz/octavia to add, but here it is for now:

pedals.jpg

plan-x said:
I actually have pedal bags'. One for my house and one for the road.
I always love seeing your Barber-itis. I forget though, which board is the one for home? Do you haul the big one around to gigs, or do you have the sleek one for that?

Then again, I think I know the answer... as a fellow pig lugger, I know nothing's too big to lug for the sake of the tones... ;)

Here's the one I use with my LSS. The Timeline goes through the loop, everything else up front.

Picture002.jpg

How is the loopmaster treating you? Should I pick one up? How well does it work? What's the ease of use etc?

fox5150 said:
IMG_1761.jpg

Loop 1 - Keeley Crybaby
Loop 3 - Keeley Katana
Loop 4 - Keeley BD-2

All the loops are cabled with Lavacable Solderless Mini-ELC. All other connections are Evidence Audio Lyric HG

Rezamatix said:
How is the loopmaster treating you? Should I pick one up? How well does it work? What's the ease of use etc?

fox5150 said:
IMG_1761.jpg

Loop 1 - Keeley Crybaby
Loop 3 - Keeley Katana
Loop 4 - Keeley BD-2

I couldn't be happier with the Loop-Master. As well as keeping pedals out of your signal path until you actually need them, it makes the whole "tap-dancing" thing easier as the access to all of your pedals are in one place. This means when you setup your pedalboard you don't have to consider where to actually put the pedals in order to switch them on and off. Although it doesn't require power to access the loops, a standard 9V connector powers the LEDs so you know which loops are active. I wouldn't like to keep track of everything without this so power is a must.

I would say that it's for the gigging musician that it really shines. As I said earlier, not only does it mean that all your switches are in one place, should there be a problem with an individual pedal or patch cable, your whole rig doesn't go down - you just don't access that loop.

Playing out live, I find this invaluable. There are also benefits for using it at home, but that are not as great.

Are you able to access different combinations with it? Like the octaswitch or g-lab style pedals? Like for instance..can I have one switch turn on a preset combo of pedals?

djw said:
plan-x said:
I actually have pedal bags'. One for my house and one for the road.
I always love seeing your Barber-itis. I forget though, which board is the one for home? Do you haul the big one around to gigs, or do you have the sleek one for that?

Then again, I think I know the answer... as a fellow pig lugger, I know nothing's too big to lug for the sake of the tones... ;)
Not really. :oops: I am usually using the smaller board for grab n go. The logic being I got enough to lug around with that pig.

Rezamatix said:
Are you able to access different combinations with it? Like the octaswitch or g-lab style pedals? Like for instance..can I have one switch turn on a preset combo of pedals?

Unfortunately, no. It's a simple button-per-loop arrangement. There is a killer unit that does this. Check out http://www.thegigrig.com.

Yep, seen that one too, same thing as the carl Martin octaswitch or combinator 2 , g-lab and Rivera make similar products, just trying to spend that kind of cash on this yet, I don't know how much longer I can hold out though...we will see if the new record we are in preproduction for will need massive pedal switching, I am purposely crafting my guitar parts to avoid this but we will see...

Great stuff here!!! :wink:
This is what I use with my LSC head+cab:

Following the signal path:

Fulltone Clyde Standard Wah
Masotti Black Box buffer
Sonic Research Turbo Tuner ST-200
Fulltone Fat-Boost 3
Xotic AC Booster
Fulltone OCD v3
Retro-Sonic Phaser
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress (True-Bypass, anti-volume drop and LED mods by T-Pedals)

E8K60l.jpg

path- keeley comp-clyde deluxe-mdjv2-RCbooster-BBpre-Semaphore-rack

EB is an expression pedal and the midi controller runs to an echo pro and pitchfactor in a small rack with a switcher so I can pull the digital stuff out of the chain.

MBPedalBoard2.jpg

mine changes around sometimes depending on the gig we're playing and set lists but I use a Pedal Pad.

here is the 2010 board

2010-01-2111-00-07_0020.jpg

2010-01-2111-03-02_0022.jpg

and the Lonestar plus board my current main 2010 rig

2010-01-2111-01-23_0021.jpg

Gotta love it!
thanks for looking
Adam
www.heyreyguitar.com

Latest posts

Back