Lonestars need guitars, let's see em!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plan-x

Reaction score
Yeah, I probably could of put this in the guitar section, but LS players don't use recto death metal axe's.
So let's see those warm, classic, modern classic, guitars! Here's mine!

02 Parker Nitefly P (poplar) / 1978 Gibson "The Paul" (walnut) / 06 Nitefly SA (swamp ash) / circa 70's Strat (custom modded Valley Arts Guitar)
MyGuitars.jpg

Heritage H150, 93 strat, and PRS SAS.
The Heritage H150 is "it" The SAS gets me between the strat and H150, it really is a versatile guitar. Constantly surprises me with its range of tones. Ive had the strat since new.
Just need a Heritage 535 and a tele of some sort :D
SDC10408.jpg

IMGA0593.jpg

PRS: 513 in Vintage Natural- I love this guitar. Incredibly versatile.
G&L: ASAT Classic in Blonde (now w/ Lindy Fralin's in it)

4194824030_a7221c9231_o.jpg

P1020675.jpg
P1020681.jpg

P1020680.jpg
P1020679.jpg

My most "favouritist" guitars. I've wanted to get a Les Paul, 50's Strat, 60's Strat and a 52 Tele for as long as I can remember! These were all carefully selected over the last 8 years on a long hunt for each. I've had plenty of other "midrange" guitars leading up to these but they have all gone now. These were all keepers with the first chord played on them. I'd tried different models over the years and they were the ones that spoke to me. They are:

-Les Paul 2002 Standard, with Bareknuckle "The Mule" pickups (top left)
-Fender 50th Anniversary American Series Stratocaster, stock (top right)
-Fender '52 ReIssue Telecaster, with 4-way switch (bottom left)
-Fender '62 Deluxe Vintage Player Stratocaster, with Bareknuckle Custom '62 pickups (bottom right)

Together with my LSS, they are a match made in heaven!!

007.jpg

Not a great photo, doesn't do them justice.

From left to right:
Fender USA deluxe (upgrade with Hot noiseless pickups)
Fender Japan Kahler Strat (all original)
Fender USA Jeff Beck signature (all original)
Eros Japan Les Paul (vintage, 1974)

I think I might have the crappiest photo here. I really need to take a new one.
rigb.jpg

They're all in my current sig, but anyway... L-R:

1. 2008 Fender US Standard Tele (now has a black pickguard; upgraded w/DiMarzio Area T's & RS kit)
2. 2007 Fender US Deluxe Strat (has Areas 58/67/61 & RS etc, & Callaham block etc.) currently my #1
3. 2001 Gibson LP Standard (just installed an RS kit in this)
4. 1996 Gibson LP Special (oh yeah)

All four sound amazing through the LSC. I'm a happy camper.

Octavarius, What are those guitars? You should know better than to leave us hanging. :roll:
Btw, they are gorgeous.

plan-x said:
Octavarius, What are those guitars? You should know better than to leave us hanging. :roll:
Btw, they are gorgeous.

Hehe, thanks man! :p

The first one is a Music Man 20th Anniversary Silhouette. Fantastic solidbody. Amazing ergonomics and truly magnificent quality and setup straight from the factory. I've had it for a year and a half now, and I've recently changed the stock custom DiMarzio pickups to a pair of DiMarzio 36th Anniversary PAFs. Although similar, they are much warmer on the treble side and have a more overall "vintage-y" character. Currently I have it strung with D'addario .12 half-rounds. :D

The second is my more recently aquired Höfner Jazzica Custom archtop. Really wonderful instrument with some nice modern features; slanted bodyshape, 24 frets, soundhole plugs for feedback elimination, etc. It's extremely responsive to dynamics and articulations, and it responds suprisingly well to the Lonestars clean channel. Although, as with tube amps + archtops, it does tend to get a bit bassy on the two lower strings (I wonder if EL34s would remedy this? Currently have a Mesa STR-425 5881 quartet in there...). Anyhow, the tone is absolutely gorgeous!

Since my previous post I've got another guitar - a very nice PRS 513

IMG_2062.jpg

and I got us to the second page!!

P2230807.jpg

Not the best quality photo, but... :?
Let's see here, I've got a PRS McCarty, a Les Paul Standard, a Blues Hawk, a Howard Roberts Fusion III, an American Standard Strat, and a Godin LGX. Everything is pretty well stock. Found the Fusion in a pawn shop about 10 years ago for $500! I couldn't argue with the price. I played many Les Paul's before I bought this one. It has a certain feel and tone that just spoke to me the second I played it. Same goes for the McCarty. In fact, I was about to purchase an American Deluxe Tele (still GASing for one) when I spotted the McCarty behind the counter. I asked to play it, and in 2 seconds I was putting the Tele back and buying this one. I didn't even realize it had Split Coil's until I got home! The Godin is the guitar I demo'ed the Lonestar with. Fell in love with the amp right away. GREAT guitar, never goes out of tune. Sounds nice. Not as thick sounding as the Les Paul. Sounds similar to the McCarty. On board piezio pickups. Guitar has 3 outputs. (Humbuckers, Acoustic, Stereo) Send electric output to amp, acoustic to another amp or board, and it sounds great! High quality guitar, costs half as much as a Gibson.
The Lonestar is a V1 Classic 1x12 w/ Cele. Heritage 30. The half stack is an Ampeg Reverberocket 50. Sounds pretty good in stereo w/ the Lonestar. Fender Stage 160 on the right. Homemade pedal board. I've got a few more guitars, but these are the ones I've got pics of.

One thing I really enjoy about the Lonestar is that it brings out the identity & personality of each guitar. It has allowed me to rediscover the guitars I have, and now I need more!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

plan-x said:
Nice group Lance! I see a Flying V on the wall. How many guitars do you have?
Thanks plan-x!
I've got 14 or 15 of them. (I try to make up for my lack of skills by acquiring gear :wink: ) I'll have to take a couple more pics and post them. That is a Flying V on the wall. Gibson Faded series w/ crescent moon inlays. That guitar has an amazing neck on it; Thin & Very fast. Pickups are super hot and the axe is not very good at clean tones. Someday I should put some other pups in it so it gets gigged more. (When I have a gig :) ) I have to add that I haven't set out to be a collector of Gibson's, it just seems that when the perfect guitar seems to find me, more often than not, it has been a Gibson. It is still possible to find good ones. I'm still waiting for the right Tele. The wife won't be happy when that happens!!!

-Lance

Latest posts

Back