LSS footpedal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmerel

Reaction score
Does anyone know the spec of the LSS footpedal internally? I'm having a smaller one built to free up some space on my board, but can't get to the innards of the pedal to take a picture for the builder. The side panels come off easily, but the black main panel doesn't seem to want to slide out.

That odd. I unscrewed the side panel on my LS Classic footswitch and it slid out no problem. The whole black panel is a printed circuit board with the switches and jacks hard mounted on it. Maybe pull a bit harder?

I'm planning to shrink mine to fit my pedal board also!

Maybe this will help. (LSC footswitch) I built one in a Hammond 1590A enclosure. Like half the size of a mxr enclosure. Those mesa FS's take up alot of real estate.

HPIM7409.jpg

John- can you tell me the voltage to the footswitch? Thanks.

Mork said:
John- can you tell me the voltage to the footswitch? Thanks.
Not really. My amp is down at the Church. Why do you need the voltage? For the LED's? I think on another amp I had to put a resistor in to reduce voltage, but I don't remember if I needed them for the LSC. I don't think there were any on the circuit board which I just copied the traces with wiring. These will work fine and shipping is dirt low. Grab a couple of bezels too. They've got the enclosures as well. http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PPP&Category_Code=LO5

I used these switches.
http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PPP&Product_Code=9001&Category_Code=SWI
I can shoot a gut shot pic of mine later tonite after practice so it will be easy to replicate.

Updated with complete list of parts 11-13-09
Jack
http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PPP&Product_Code=6007&Category_Code=JAC

Enclosure, Their are several choices for enclosures, pick one that suits your size needs
http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PPP&Product_Code=1113&Category_Code=ENC15

Hi John, yes, just to work out the voltage for the LED's. I have the enclosure and just ordered the sockets, so just wanted to get the LEDs. Thanks.

I'll see what I can do. I usually blow a few LED's while guessimating between to bright and not bright enough.:oops: Btw, nice stuff on your myspace. I requested you.

Why thank you :) The stuff on there was done on a Mesa studio pre, clean stuff on a Korg A1.
I have accepted your request :D

Here's the scoop. As I remembered, the original LS FS had no resistors. The voltage must be stepped down from inside the amp. I did another amp's FS that had some resistors in their FS. That's the one I had to play with (frying a couple LED's) and ended up with about a 4.5K as I recall. Anyways, I just copied the LSC original with no resistors and it works like a charm.

This is the smallest I could make it.

LSCFS002.jpg

And the gut shot

LSCFS001.jpg

Wow! that's tiny! :) I might have to rethink the size of the enclosure I bought (about the same size as the Barber boxes) I like the idea of stomping on both switches at the same time, could be useful to cut down the tap dancing.

Anyway, thanks for doing that, very useful. Nice tidy soldering as well :D Hopefully the parts will arrive in a few days as I'm itching to tidy up my board.

plan-x said:
That's the one I had to play with (frying a couple LED's) and ended up with about a 4.5K as I recall.
fyi: the mark series (1-3) use a 3.3k, so maybe they're the same thing...

This is the smallest I could make it.
I don't think my sasquatch feet could hit just one of those ;)

Very strange but the new footswitch won't work! My tecchie guy has wired it up, the channel change works fine (you can hear the relay trip) but the solo doesn't work. Seems like it's resistance that makes it work. Have tried different resistor values on the LED but not there yet.

Apparently all LED's need a resistor, some have them built in, that's why it looks like they don't have one...

No resistors needed. Copy the original exactly! The parts got to be correct like the ones I linked. Including the TRS jack housing and it's wiring. Got a pic?

plan-x said:
No resistors needed. Copy the original exactly! The parts got to be correct like the ones I linked. Including the TRS jack

All working now thanks :)

John, thanks for the specs & pics on this, I just ordered a bunch of parts from Pedal Parts Plus. It's a DIY kinda time. It'll be fun to put this all together. Woo hoo!

This is an older thread, but wanted to chime in. I just did some experimentation and the circuit is very simple. The two switches connect to a common ground. I measured the voltage one each positive channel at 11.5 Volts, so the LEDs definitely need a resistor in line to keep from popping. I think... I know a straight 9volt will blow an LED, but maybe the amps are a lot lower? Need to measure that and find out. It appears there are no resistors in the MESA footswitch.

The way MESA utilizes the two way switches is pretty cool. You really only need to use one throw, but they use two throws in tandem on each DPDT switch. It adds redundancy so that if for some reason one side of the switch fails, the other one side will do the work and the overall footswitch won't fail completely. Good engineering!

I am simplifying things a bit I only have two single pole switches. I am using a standard open RCA stereo jack. I am going to house it in a small Hammond MXR sized enclosure. Just a bit bigger than what Plan-X did. I want a little more space between switches, but I'l still be able to stomp them at the same time if I need to.

Bump to give a big THANK YOU shout out to Plan-x.

I ordered my goodies today. I went with a 125b enclosure to accommodate a design plan for the top.

Maybe, I'll bump this again for the finished product.

Cheers
Jeff

Latest posts

Back