Fuse kept blowing at a gig.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregrjones

Reaction score
I played an outdoor gig yesterday and kept blowing fuses on my LSC.

I tried changing outlets since I was originally plugged into a power strip, but to no avail.

The ultimate fix was that I retubed the power tubes with a spare set on hand.

Does it make sense that a bad tube would keep blowing fuses?

If I have one bad tube, I can't tell by looking at them..... I'd like to replace the bad tube without having to replace the set since they are only a few months old.

I was using the Yellow Jacket adaptors with the EL84s which may further complicate things as I could imagine that perhaps the adaptors could go bad?

While I was playing my LSC, a 6L6 power tube went bad, and caused the main fuse to blow.

I put a different set of power tubes in, replaced the fuse, and LSC back to normal.

-Gary K

You have to try each one of the old tubes, one at a time with the good ones till that fuse blowing tube is revealed. Or....vice versa, rotate one good tube through the various positions until the fuse stops blowing.

If the amp doesn't blow the fuse immediately on the old ones, then you can tap the tubes with finger nail, pencil, etc. and the bad one will make noise and or do some arcing inside.

plan-x said:
You have to try each one of the old tubes, one at a time with the good ones till that fuse blowing tube is revealed. Or....vice versa, rotate one good tube through the various positions until the fuse stops blowing.

If the amp doesn't blow the fuse immediately on the old ones, then you can tap the tubes with finger nail, pencil, etc. and the bad one will make noise and or do some arcing inside.

One at a time is for preamp tubes, power tubes should be replaced/swapped a matching pair at a time.

Latest posts

Back