Anyone use a Sparkle Drive with their LSS?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nremondelli

Reaction score
Just wondering how it sounds, especially on Channel 2 with the gain on the amp turned up.

I have never tried a Sparkle Drive

I use the Fulltone OCD and I also have a Route 66 pedal that has an overdrive that is basically a Ts808.

The fulltone sounds great on both channel one and two especially with the Compression engaged!

I use the T-Rex Møller, which does the same thing as the Sparkle Drive (TS-type gain but with a clean blend control).

Here's the thing - it really shines better on the Clean channel. If you set Channel 1 to a really clean sound, the Sparkle Drive/Møller can give you an unbelievably addictive, 'clean with dirt around the edges' sound that you wonder how you ever did without. Essentially it's a poor man's '2 amp' sound because you're blending the pedal's dirt with your basic tone. It makes you understand why all those Texas players use 2 amps.

Don't get me wrong; it sounds fine with Ch. 2 as well, but you're not benefitting from the 'sparkle' unless you can hear your clean mixing in.

For extra dirt on Ch. 2, the best thing to do is have your LSS modded so that your 'Drive' control is footswitchable.

I've got a sparkle drive, but I sent it off to keeley and had it modded. It Rocks! It will glaze over the clean beautifully or It works great as a boost too. To be honest, I don't use it a whole lot because between the 2 channels in my LSS and the 2 channels in my Orange Rockerverb 50, I can pretty much get everything I need.

Latest posts

Back