Been playin 50w mode for awhile now.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plan-x

Reaction score
I'm thinking that a pair of my power tubes are getting all the action. Does it sound reasonable to swap the inners and outers to even things out for a spell?

plan-x said:
I'm thinking that a pair of my power tubes are getting all the action. Does it sound reasonable to swap the inners and outers to even things out for a spell?
Sure, that's logical. Actually, I also use 50w exclusively when I run 6L6s, and I keep the old stock Mesa tubes in the inner sockets just to fill the plugs; I don't even really count them as being part of the equation (since they aren't). It's nice because I can try different types of 6L6s in pairs instead of spending the cash on quads...

Hey thanx guys for the reply's. djw, I almost called you out on this, as I had no reply for a couple of days. Thats a good idea, :D trying out pairs instead of quads.

plan-x said:
Hey thanx guys for the reply's. djw, I almost called you out on this, as I had no reply for a couple of days. Thats a good idea, :D trying out pairs instead of quads.
:lol: Hah! Sorry, I missed the thread. Yeah, it's the way to go... I have almost no need for 100 watts -- hey I wish I did, 'cause that would mean I was playing the big houses again. But I've always liked a bit of dirt in my clean.

If you gig, keep 4 good tubes in there, you never know when you need a spare(s), and can't find the 'tools box' back stage :wink:

Is it true then that the outer tubes are in use in 50 watt mode? It sounded like that was what you guys were saying.

Mark

Back