Just bought a Lonestar Classic!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scm7447

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just bought a Lonestar Classic so I felt the need to check out this board and fish for ideas and suggestions. I have owned several amps throughout the years...Marshalls, Randall, Laney, VHT and even a Triple Rectifier. I only have 4 hours of playing time on the LSC so far, but I feel comfortable saying that it is the best amp I've ever owned. The tones and versatility are just amazing! I'm so pumped that I just had to post something...I've started by reading through the manual and using some suggested settings, then tweaking. I noticed that my DS-1 sounds like crap, but I do like the Fulltone OCD. I've been reading a lot about the BB on here, so I might need to check one out. Any tips or suggestions are welcome. At the moment I can't think of anything specific I need help with (although that time may come)...I actually bought the amp because I wanted something that can do the clean Fender thing, but break up a little. At the same time, I wanted to be able to get enough quality gain to rock. I got rid of a Hot Rod Deluxe and a JCM 2000 combo to get this amp and I don't regret it.

Congrats! I just played a LSC for the first time this weekend. What a killer amp! There's more gain than I thought it would have. I think a BB preamp would be the perfect pedal. The combo sounded pretty good but the 4x12 sounded much tighter and better overall (closed back helped most I think).

Good choice :) My Lonestar head arrives tomorrow. I have a special and it's fantastic.
Check out the Barber Small fry- some good demo's on youtube, also the tone press compressor.

Congrats man! Some of us here think of the LSC as a Fender on Steroids! I like Fender cleans. But the LSC is just juicier! Plus, the only Fender that I know that'll give me the overdrive I need is the Super-Sonic. I had one. The LSC is 1,000 times better!

-D

Congratulations! I agree with Kiteboarder, the LSC is a fender on steroids. I love it. Just emerse yourself in the posts on this form, and you'll get a good grasp of the versatility this amp offers.

Oh yeah, by the way. We've all seen plenty of LSC's. But... post some photos anyway! I mean, I've seen lots of girls. But I never get tired of seeing some more! ;)

Kiteboarder said:
Oh yeah, by the way. We've all seen plenty of LSC's. But... post some photos anyway! I mean, I've seen lots of girls. But I never get tired of seeing some more! ;)

good point... haha!

scm7447 said:
I just bought a Lonestar Classic so I felt the need to check out this board and fish for ideas and suggestions.

You'll find no shortage of those here. Congrats on the new LSC and welcome to the board.

I'm finding new sweet spots in mine all the time. My latest is running in hard bypass, tweed power, 50 watt setting, 4 ohm out into an 8 ohm cab and turning the drive on channel 2 off in normal mode. I have channel 1 set with a very slight break up and channel 2 with just a bit more. The best thing....THE BEST THING....about the LSC is that both channels compliment each other so well. The ability to switch from one to the other without such a huge tone difference is pure magic for me!

I am waiting for the BB-Preamp right now but I mainly use T-Rex Dr. Swamp as drive with my Lone Star and it works so great - I have never been so happy with my drive. I want to add BB-Preamp as over the edge, and as crunch with the clean channel but I am very satisfied with Dr. Swamp. But I never felt that way with my Dr. Swamp/Vox combination.

geng

OK, I pulled the trigger also!

Local store had the LSC 2x12, Express 5:25, 5:50, and Stiletto Ace all right next to each other. I started with the LSC and it felt right. Did check out the Stiletto but it goes in the wrong direction for me, a little too thin/harsh. Really felt right at home with channel 1, will need to do some more tweaking with 2 but there seemed to be more than enough gain for my purposes. If I need any more I'll just add a pedal like the rest of you here....!

marzzz said:

Local store had the LSC 2x12, Express 5:25, 5:50, and Stiletto Ace all right next to each other. I started with the LSC and it felt right. Did check out the Stiletto but it goes in the wrong direction for me, a little too thin/harsh. Really felt right at home with channel 1, will need to do some more tweaking with 2 but there seemed to be more than enough gain for my purposes. If I need any more I'll just add a pedal like the rest of you here....!

Congrats man! :) Enjoy! -D

marzzz said:

Houston, another "Pig" has landed. :D

Congrats to all the new "blue pig" owners....though yours may not be blue!

I simply love my big blue pig! (MB Lonestar classic 2x12 50/100 watt)

Got a TC Electronics NOVA system to go with it and a PRS Modern Eagle 1 that I play it through....great CLASSIC tones!

Congrats on the LSC!!! Definitely pick up a BB Preamp. Works great with my LSC, Fender Pro Tube Pro Reverb, and JCM800, on clean and dirty settings. Well worth the $$$.

Matt

Latest posts

Back