LSC blowing fuses in 100 watt mode only? Any Ideas?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudguitars

Reaction score
At performance volumes, at the loudest part of the song, my LSC is losing volume, then it is either popping a powerstrip (happened twice) or blowing the 4 amp slo blo (happened once). It only happens on channel two (reeder modded a year ago) at the peak of a solo when I am really flaming! I can crank the heck out of 50 watt mode and play just as hard for HOURS with no problems.

I put in a brand new set of JJ 6L6s and new balanced driver tube Friday (from Eurotubes biased for LSC), and it has happened both before and after the tube change. Could the rectifier do this? I have not changed this? But I use it on diodes exclusively?

Anyway, I don't know what to do, so I thought I would ask the fellow Tone Hounds at the Boogie board.
As always, thanks in advance for your help.

PS does anyone have a version one LSC schematic for sale?
Greg

This is odd. Do you use a power conditioner? Remember, when the amp is really cooking, it's generally drawing more power. Could be a electricity/power issue. Has this only happened at a spesific venue? What about the power tubes? Any sign of red plating or tube failure at all?

If it's still under warranty, I'd try to get it fixed through the place where you bought it.

It uses Silicon Diodes only in 100Watt mode. All 4 power tubes are used in this mode so I would think you have a short in the circuit of one of the 2 power tubes that are used exclusively when in 100 watt mode or a bad tube socket or resistor related to those tubes.

brion said:
It uses Silicon Diodes only in 100Watt mode. All 4 power tubes are used in this mode so I would think you have a short in the circuit of one of the 2 power tubes that are used exclusively when in 100 watt mode or a bad tube socket or resistor related to those tubes.

Those would be the two outer tubes if I'm not mistaken

pine said:
brion said:

Actually, the two inner tubes are only active in 100 watt mode. 50 watt uses only the two outer tubes. So if this is the problem, it lies within one of the inner pair. :)

djw said:
pine said:
brion said:

Actually, the two inner tubes are only active in 100 watt mode. 50 watt uses only the two outer tubes. So if this is the problem, it lies within one of the inner pair. :)

I guess I am mistaken, my apologies

FIVE YEAR WARRANTY...find a warranty shop in your area...log on to the Mesa website.

Mine blew a couple of fuses then died completely. Turned out to be a blown screen grid resistor on one of the outside tube circuits. You may have one going out on one of the middle power tubes.

Latest posts

Back