Anybody got any opinions on tubes for the LSS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockin_Ron

Reaction score
I've heard alot about Dougs Tubes and Eurotubes from reading this and other forums. I also came across this company which has many choices :
http://www.vacuumtube.com/guitartubes.htm
Some are insanely priced also! Mullard EL84 1950-60s NOS The Best - Ultra-Rare in original Mullard Boxes extremely rare and hard to find, we have them. $375/matched Pair

Which/who is the safest brand to go with considering the fixed bias situation on these amps?
Do you really hear a difference in sound? I'm really happy with the sound I've got now. Does it actually get even better w/o MESA tubes?
On Eurotubes ... he offers different choices (ie gold pin, high gain, early break-up, regular). Almost too many to decide. Whats the general consensus on which to go with?

I am pretty happy with the JJ's for a cheaper tube. I certainly noticed an improvement from the Mesa tubes.

+1 on the JJs :D . I ordered them from Eurotubes and went with the more expensive option with the gold pins. They warmed the amp up quite a bit. For $18 I added a Weber Beamblocker and that made a huge difference. Now I hear what the audience hears without having to tilt the amp back.

dougn said:
+1 on the JJs :D . I ordered them from Eurotubes and went with the more expensive option with the gold pins. They warmed the amp up quite a bit. For $18 I added a Weber Beamblocker and that made a huge difference. Now I hear what the audience hears without having to tilt the amp back.

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like JJs are the choice.

Latest posts

Back