Tried the Reeder Mod..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rastaman

Reaction score
Not real sure what I think. Prior to trying it I was re-adjusting the amp and found out that I liked the dirty channel better with the extra drive stage on, extra drive pot at 3:00, channel gain at 10:00. The gain pot seems to be the culprit that makes the dirty channel have a grainy muddy sound. So anyway, I did the mod and I'm unsure if I like it as well as the way I had re-adjusted the amp prior to the mod... Just thinking out loud.

Rasta, there are some great tones to be had pre-mod. Ala Andy Timmons. I also had the amp for years pre-mod and the honeymoon wore off for me. After some time, the only way I could run the 2nd ch was with the drive higher than the gain. Ch's 1 & 2 sound so different pre-mod, that it sounded like a different amp. That was a problem for me. In my band, I prefer a smooth transition in ch switching. Not a radical change in tone, bass, mids, treble, & presence. To me it was like a drummer switching kits a couple of times during a song. That's my logic behind liking the mod but might not be to others taste. Also "I'm sure".... there are less muddy tones to be had after the mod. The 2nd mod furthers that also. But hey, It helps to feed our Gas doing these things.

Interesting. I must of misunderstood the mod :oops: . It seems to me that it made the dirty channel a cleaner channel, I knew it was supposed to be more chimy and airy but I thought I read that the dirty channel will sing more with sustain (or something to that effect). I want 2 different amps, I want a clean machine and a scream machine. If I could make the dirty channel sound like a JCM800 with an OCD, I'd be in heaven. I enjoyed doing it FWIW (I like tinkering) but I'll probably put it back. I need to play it some more :? .

*edit* I also did the mids jumper while i was in there.

rastaman said:
I want a clean machine and a scream machine
Have you tried some overdrive pedals? I use my SD-1 after the guitar (not on the loop) and that livens things up when needed.

Oh yes. I've never used the dirty channel without an OCD. I have a Boss also. FWIW, I use a Timmy on the clean for say Mellencamp, Eagles type gritty clean but when I go dirty, I use my trusty OCDv3 in one swoop of the foot!

Back