Lonestar Head has a reverb pan but the combo...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiteboarder

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I'm working on moving my Lonestar amp from a combo cabinet to a head cabinet. The head cabinet that I bought has a reverb unit included and it is bolted to the bottom of the cab. There is no vinyl cover for it. The unit pan just sits there.

On the combo though, the unit is neatly tucked into a vinyl cover. The cover it strapped to the bottom of the cabinet. Is there a reason for this? Since I have both units handy, which one should I go for?

-Danny

I have know idea what that reverb pouch is for, but every time I remove a speaker, the whole rev/pouch always has to come out. :x It actually has padding matching up right under the speaker magnet(2x12). Maybe it helps cut down on vibration in the combo. Or helps shield it from the magnetic field of the speaker mag sitting 1" above it. Things are pretty tight in there.

I had to keep the tank bare in the head cabinet. If I put the reverb in the pouch and stick it in the head, the top of the pouch sits about 1/4" under one of the power tubes! No no no. Not good! So bare it is!

The pouch is so you can dump your effects pedals, etc., in the back of the combo without trashing the reverb tank. It's sort of a tradition started with Fender.
No Boogie head has the pouch.
++1 on the pain-in-the-a$$ Lonestar!

Actually, the pouch is used to dampen vibration from the cabinet and the speakers roaring two inches away from the tank, so you don't get that sproingy crashing sound every time you hit a chord. No real need for it in a head.

Latest posts

Back