Lone Star 2x12 combo- NO SOUND????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcd

Reaction score
After 3 months of noises, rattles, and tube changes, my newly purchased Lonestar 2x12 has finally stop working, completely.. The amp lights up, tubes light up, but no sound comes out :< Had to return it yesterday for a trip back to California (I live on East Coast)- so it's going to be a while before I find out what's going on. Any experiences with this from the lonestar combos?

It's been shipped already? Well, then you don't want to hear that it was an easy fix like a loose cable or something. Otherwise it doesn't sound like any thing I've heard.

I'm not sure if it has been shipped, but I brought it back to the store and we tried all new tubes and checked the speaker connections- even tried it with an extension cab- it's definitely an internal issue with the amp

I guess you can say that- the only noise it produces is the sound of the 10/50/100 toggle "popping" if you throw the switch

So it makes a noise. Speakers definitely work? 9 volt battery test kind of thing or another head check with them.

I tried running through a separate cab- nothing.., it's a bummer since it's only 3 months old and I can't use the amp, and it cost me 2 grand!!! This was going to be my main amp for gigging/recording- hopefully it's something fixable and not recurring

It's always fixable, even if they have to replace the whole board. I doubt the problem is that extreme, though -- probably just a cold solder joint somewhere that worked loose.

i had pretty well the same problem with my lsc 2x12 combo i custom ordered it so it came to me right from mesa to the store i bought it from. when you switched to tweed mode it would die or fade out the store tried new tubes but in the end they sent it to a mesa repair tech.i got it back in no time i think its the power switch or in that area of the amp.that was almost a year ago and lots of gigs later and is still working fine.you did the right thing sending it back that way hopefully you won't have any more problems with the amp

Back