My Pig Went On A Diet...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CudBucket

Reaction score
Sold the combo shell and speakers and tossed into a new Mesa rack kit. I call it the "RackStar".

rack_ls_2.JPG

rack_ls_3.JPG

A diet? Thats some major cosmetic surgery. :shock:
How do you pick it up? What speakers & cab?

I've yet to put it in a rack but I intend to run it through a Bogner OS 2x12. I'll put up pics when that's all together.

Dave

Hello all, long time lurker and Boogie owner here, finally decided to join the forum.

I love the idea of having a boogie on a rack, but I had a question. Would you be able to stick two amps on one rack? Say a Lonestar and a Stilleto (whenever it becomes available in a rack version) on a 4 or 8 space rack?? Or would you need to stick them in separate rack enclosures due to space and ventilation/heating issues?

I agree with the post above... pix of the whole rig would be awesome! :D

Puerco-araña said:
Hello all, long time lurker and Boogie owner here, finally decided to join the forum.

I love the idea of having a boogie on a rack, but I had a question. Would you be able to stick two amps on one rack? Say a Lonestar and a Stilleto (whenever it becomes available in a rack version) on a 4 or 8 space rack?? Or would you need to stick them in separate rack enclosures due to space and ventilation/heating issues?

I agree with the post above... pix of the whole rig would be awesome! :D

You could definitely put a Lonestar and Stiletto in the same rack. And, you don't have to wait. The Stiletto and Lonestar will never be available as a rack unit. You just need to order the rack kit from Mesa for $99. The Stiletto would use the same kit as the Lonestar.

Dave

That's awesome! And nice to know about the the Stilleto and Lonestar... for some reason I was under the impression Mesa was going to make rackmount versions of the two. BUT, seeing how this can be done anyway, I guess it doesn't matter :) Would you say it's significantly lighter having it on rack than on the shell?

Puerco-araña said:
That's awesome! And nice to know about the the Stilleto and Lonestar... for some reason I was under the impression Mesa was going to make rackmount versions of the two. BUT, seeing how this can be done anyway, I guess it doesn't matter :) Would you say it's significantly lighter having it on rack than on the shell?

It's a bit lighter than head but way lighter than the 2x12 combo it was in.

Back