Is Lonestar good for music like STP, Jimmy Eat World, etc

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

civicbud

Reaction score
I really love the Lonestar flexibility and simplicity. The cleans are to die for, and all of its options seem logical. I just haven't seen much on the drive channel. Any help would be appreciated. I am also considering a Fender Twin, or a Rockerverb. Maybe even the Mark V, if the hype is correct.

-Bud

I have the LSS. I like the cleans on it better or as much as a "Twin". I'm an old Twin man myself. Fenders aren't what they use to be, I taught in a music store for years, trust me , they changed. I love the LSS. The classic would probably do just as well.You'll get plenty of response on those. The mega wattage made me consider the LSS. It's really loud enough for most places. Stage volume is also an issue. I also like Rivera's for twin like tone. I must say that I do miss the trem effect, but I bought a pedal for that.At any rate you'll get good advice here...CGM

LSC can get pretty close to those tones, more of a 70's big rock sound. It does not do any modern metal type sounds. I used mine with a Marshall Guv'nor then a Radial Plexitube on the clean channel for more Slash/Zack tone and it works (The amp) Pretty good.

CGM said:
I have the LSS. I like the cleans on it better or as much as a "Twin". I'm an old Twin man myself. Fenders aren't what they use to be, I taught in a music store for years, trust me , they changed. I love the LSS. The classic would probably do just as well.You'll get plenty of response on those. The mega wattage made me consider the LSS. It's really loud enough for most places. Stage volume is also an issue. I also like Rivera's for twin like tone. I must say that I do miss the trem effect, but I bought a pedal for that.At any rate you'll get good advice here...CGM

I have owned Fenders (siverface and blackface) and agree. The Lonestar Classic has the headroom that the twin has but--way more flexibilty and touch response that I never had with a fender--even cranked (and who the hell could do that and live to hear again when it was a cranked twin). Channel two on a LS is a bit more complex. It has taken me much longer to get the deal with this. I get a good classic rock like crunch tone, but it took some work. STP is really not far from that. It could probably work. A good pedal would probably add the extra gas. I'd recommend something like a visual sound Jekyll and Hyde.

Mark

I've owned a twin , now I've got also a Deluxe reverb ( silverface ) , and to my ears the LSC it's more flexible and mainly
I prefer the tone , way more fat and without the harsh treble of the Fender , but it's a matter of taste . Also I find that the LSC works better with pedals ( with any )than the Fenders.

Latest posts

Back