Lonestar Reverb Issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbomb2u

Reaction score
I just picked up my new lonestar 2x12.. Completely excited! Everything works great except when you switch from channel2 to 1 theres an echo from the reverb in the clean that fades out over a couple of seconds.. Anything that can be adjusted to the tank or can a tech fix that?

Funny you asked that question as when I was playing my lonestar tonight I hate it when I change channels and there is a delay in the reverb. Mesa claims you should get used to this delay but I haven't. If I have to switch alot I put a rack reverb in the loop but don't think I should have to with the price on these amps. Listen up Mesa fix this!

Yeah, this is by design. I just got my Lonestar 2x12 also, and I'm already used to it, though I noticed that using the 'Warm' reverb setting and keeping the reverb at moderate levels (I run mine about 10:00) seems to help.

I think I can deal with it, appreciate the followups on everyone elses experience. The clean channel on this is amazing, have to get used to the 2nd channel distortion though.. needs a little tweaking, but definetely a great amp.

I was expecting to take longer to get the second channel dialed in than the first, based on experiences others have posted here, but that one happened for me almost immediately. The first channel only took a couple of hours to get right, though.

Check the reverb tank. Take the tank out of the pouch, unscrew the 4 screws that hold the plywood back on it and see if all 3 springs are still suspended. When I racked my LSC, I pulled the tank so I could mount it in the case and found one of the springs had come loose from one end of it's holder. You can fix that. But I called Mesa yesterday and they're sending me a replacement tank. Sometimes, I'd hear what you're describing.

Dave

Back