Lonestar Special noise

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLBoogie

Reaction score
I bought a used lonestar special about a month ago and find it very noisy when not playing notes. It picks up radio stations and makes static kinds of sounds unless put into standby. Has anyone else had this happen? I tried putting a ferite around the electrical cord but did nothing. I have ordered new preamp tubes to see if that helps. I run two other amps (a lonestar classic and roadster) off the same electrical plug in the same room and they are silent. Any suggestions it drives me crazy! I love all the tones I get from this amp but need to solve this

hm.

how's the reverb? Could the reverb tank cables possibly be switched?

g'luck.

JLBoogie said:
I bought a used lonestar special about a month ago and find it very noisy when not playing notes. It picks up radio stations and makes static kinds of sounds unless put into standby. Has anyone else had this happen? I tried putting a ferite around the electrical cord but did nothing. I have ordered new preamp tubes to see if that helps. I run two other amps (a lonestar classic and roadster) off the same electrical plug in the same room and they are silent. Any suggestions it drives me crazy! I love all the tones I get from this amp but need to solve this

Back