lsc / groove tubes ecc83s

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe.h

Reaction score
last week i was trying out some g.t 12ax7c in my lss and found that they didn't sound all that good so i stole the tubes out of my lsc that had spax7 in it.and was very happy with the sound they were giving me in my lss. i tried the g.t 12ax7c in my lsc and found that they sounded no different to what i was getting in the lss kinda dull so i exchanged them for some g.t ecc83s i have been reading what bobl had to say about them what the heck give them a try.i put them in and now i have to eat my words about groove tubes :? my amp just came alive i always preferred my lss over the lsc because it was brighter lots of chime. but since i have put these g.t ecc83s in like one guy had said on this site it was like lifting the towel off the front of the amp that's exactly how i would explain it now the lss and lsc sound very similar the lss has the class A chime and the lsc has that 6l6 sound but very bright and touch sensitive.i got to be honest and say i don't really know which amp i preferred now i have some el34's and will try them out to see what kind of a sound i will get with the g.t ecc83s.i am really glad i took the advice off bobl :D

Yeah, I got the JJ's in ecc83. When I used mesa'a tubes, it just sounded flat.

Latest posts

Back