Thinking about purchasing a Lonestar...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

civicbud

Reaction score
I absolutely love the tone this amp can give, well, at least from what I have heard online. Has anyone played out of the new ones with the 10-watt option? This option seems like such a great thing and all so that you can play this amp at considerably lower levels. Is this option a good thing or a bad thing and is the volume drop considerable? I was assuming that this would be a great additional feature, considering 10-watts is half as loud as 100-watts. Also, can anyone recommend a good distortion footpedal to use on the Lonestar? You know, something that could at least respectably recreate the chuga chuga of the Dual Recs or the Stiletto, or is that just not possible?

civicbud said:
I absolutely love the tone this amp can give, well, at least from what I have heard online. Has anyone played out of the new ones with the 10-watt option? This option seems like such a great thing and all so that you can play this amp at considerably lower levels. Is this option a good thing or a bad thing and is the volume drop considerable? I was assuming that this would be a great additional feature, considering 10-watts is half as loud as 100-watts. Also, can anyone recommend a good distortion footpedal to use on the Lonestar? You know, something that could at least respectably recreate the chuga chuga of the Dual Recs or the Stiletto, or is that just not possible?

The 10w option IMO isn't really a big thing. The standard lonestar even at 100w still sounds fine down low. I'm talking typical TV volumes. As far as pedals go, I've had great luck with modded tubescreamer type pedals. I've heard the BB preamp is great and I had a Zendrive that was amazing with the Lonestar.

Back