LSS & Fulltone Fat Boost

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leroy the Massochist

Reaction score
I have a couple of different recordings I my amp now and the clean sound is a bit thin and not sparkly - I use a Les Paul DC Pro. Also although I have a great rock (g Black Crowes) sound on Channel 2 that I am happy with, it does not quite clean up enough with the volume down.

I have been searching utube demos and the Fulltone Fat Boost appears to be a possible option to leave on all the time for some top end sparkly and possibly the MI Ausio Boost & Buff. Has any one tried these peddles, what results have you achieved?

Cheers

Leroy the Massochist said:
I have a couple of different recordings I my amp now and the clean sound is a bit thin and not sparkly - I use a Les Paul DC Pro. Also although I have a great rock (g Black Crowes) sound on Channel 2 that I am happy with, it does not quite clean up enough with the volume down.

I have been searching utube demos and the Fulltone Fat Boost appears to be a possible option to leave on all the time for some top end sparkly and possibly the MI Ausio Boost & Buff. Has any one tried these peddles, what results have you achieved?

Cheers

I was able to get some great sparkle out of mine with some beef. Using a Les Paul.

You can try using the solo feature as a bass eq boost actually. Keep messing with the eq's though....you will get the tone. Just keep working with the eq's and be patient.

I happen to use the Fulltone OCD with my LSS on channel two and get a similar "Black Crowes" type of tone depending on how much gain I push on the OCD. Great pedal for this amp. I tried a Keeley Modded Blues Driver and although a great pedal, needed something with more of a Plexi feel than a smooth blues overdrive. Havent tried the Fat Boost, but thought I would remark about another option...Good Luck.

I use a MI Audio Boost n' Buff with my LSS and like it for certain applications. It will add top end to your tone. The only thing with it is if you run the drive up high, it overloads the LSS's preamp and it gets squishy, in a good way though like a treble booster should. Because of this, I don't use it as a boost but often in conjunction with the Boost function on the LSS. Great solo tone with a Les Paul!

Another vote for the RC Booster - I got one last week and at this weeks band practice had it on all the time. It relaly thickened up my clean tone without really changing it, and I got "great sound" comments from people that would never say something like that!

Check it out -alongside the BB Preamp, they're a pretty awesome combo

Yeah thanks. I have considered both the RC and Boost n Buff peddles. Given the cost of an RC in Oz I am close to purchasting the RC plus then I should not need the BB which was on my list but I wanted to get the clean thing sorted first. This may also delay my need to buy a Telecaster for a few weeks as I am getting a great clean sound on the Les Paul middle position.

Back