Footswitch Channel one does not light.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikostrat

Reaction score
Is this common on this footswitch? When its engaged for channel one, there is no lamp lit. The solo lamp works however.

When on channel two, the footswitch lamp is on and the solo light also works. Is my footswitch faulty, or is this the way it was designed to only light on second channel? Thanks.

Sounds OK. My LSS works as follows; channel 1 green light on amp, no light on footswitch. Channel 2, no light on amp, red light on footswitch.

Yep, that's the way it's designed. Think of it as if the light was simply changing place. When it's on clean, there's a green light on the front panel, when the lead channel is engaged, there's a red light on the footswitch.

They just didn't design the lights to be two-colored. I'm not even sure if any amp in their lineup has one of those..

If you think about it, most amps work the same way, only they often have a second light to indicate for the second channel, like the Stilettos. They obviously weren't able to design this into only one LED.

As far as I know, the Stiletto footswitch works exactly the same way, though...

Thanks for the confirmation. Since owning this LSS, Ive had the rectifier tube changed to NOS RCA, the service bulletin work done (few resistors that impact the rectifier section) and this amp has become my #1 gigging amp. First Mesa Ive owned after 35+ years of gigging. I have vintage Marshalls as backups now which never come out of the case. I was never sure about the footswitch thing and wanted a second opinion. Appreciate your replies.

Back