Shopping for a Lonestar (again)......

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdortona

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm heading down to Philly/South Jersey tomorrow to visit family AND to shop for a used LSC or LSS (head or 1x12 combo). What would be fair prices on them? Any recommendations in terms of particular dealers to visit or avoid (of course lots of GC stores in the area)? Thanks!

Matt

I'd consider any price fair for a Lonestar :lol: I saw a 2x12 for 2 grand brand new at GC. If your lucky enough to find one used, I'd say 1200-1400 would be a steal.

I found a used LSC head for $1199 at a GC about 90 mins away from where I'm staying. I plan to check it out tomorrow. Now the question becomes head vs. combo. While I like the LS combos, my back isn't getting any younger :roll: . Currently, I have a Thiele and a compact 1x12 open back cab that I use with my DC-10 head. Much easier to manage. Thanks for the input!

Matt

You might as well shop heads with those cabs you got and save the back. They don't call the combo the "big blue pig" for nothing.

My LSC 1x12 weighs a ton and has more glass in it than a meth lab... get the head!

Picked up a great used LSC head in black with a "tweed grill" in pristine shape for $1149 at GC in Allentown, PA. It even had EL34s installed!!! Can't wait to use it with the band tomorrow. Thanks to all for the input and saving me a hernia :lol:

Matt

Back