Let's see your "Pig rig" pics (Lonestars)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plan-x

Reaction score
2004 LSC 2x12 w/ Reeder mods 1&2, Lopo 2x12 cab closed but convertible, loaded w/ v-30 & mojotone v-30 knock off. Marshall acoustic amp for Parker guitar piezo's.
cab011.jpg

2 boards, large one for big pig gigs and the smaller board for grab and go.
cab009.jpg

Tell me more about the Barber Tone Press compressor. That is on my short list of must haves.

The site is prettier but it is acting super extra wonky. I can barely ever sign in and double posts abound.

It's a nice comp. I like the blend knob. Allows the dry signal and wet signal to be blended together in whatever amount you choose, so a stronger dry signal eliminates the initial squash, but allows for increased sutain. That feature is unique to the Tone press. Also has an internal trim adjustment for a vintage comp. I haven't tried this yet. I just leave on the most transparent setting.

ellem52 said:
Tell me more about the Barber Tone Press compressor. That is on my short list of must haves.
Hey ellem52, delete your cookies, or just the one for this domain -- that will take care of the login stuff. There's a sticky thread above from ned about this. :)

I really like my Tone Press... believe the hype. I mostly use mine as a very transparent clean boost, which it's really good for. But when I need Compression (like, when I'm going for that 80's thang), it's awesome. Again, transparency for days; sounds very un-squished, though you might have to sacrifice a bit of attack if you really want swelly, swimming sustain. But not too much; as advertised, the attack is pretty much all there if you want it. And your tone is intact.

I'll post my rig later tonight, my pedalboard changed recently...

Okay, here's my darned Pig Rig.
pigrig1.jpg

Not represented are my '65 Deluxe Reverb and my black Les Paul Special. The Marshall gets a lot of rest these days.

And my lovely hackjob of a pedalboard...
pigrig2.jpg

Nice and simple, though.

Sweet! 2 Barbers. Is that pig blue or black? Whats that little oxidized pedal on the left, bottom row?

plan-x said:
Sweet! 2 Barbers. Is that pig blue or black? Whats that little oxidized pedal on the left, bottom row?
It's the Blue. And, right, that odd pedal is what I use to control the Reverb. :)

plan-x said:
It's a nice comp. I like the blend knob. Allows the dry signal and wet signal to be blended together in whatever amount you choose, so a stronger dry signal eliminates the initial squash, but allows for increased sutain. That feature is unique to the Tone press. Also has an internal trim adjustment for a vintage comp. I haven't tried this yet. I just leave on the most transparent setting.

I tried it out recently and didn't like it at all. It negates the best feature of the TP which is it's invisible sustain boost. It's not very invisible once you start twisting that trim pot. Other people might dig that sound but it's not what I was looking for.

Here's the Orange Pork, Pumpkin Pig, or whatever else you want to call it. I don't have any decent rig pictures. These ones look like crap and I can't take any now since I'm back in Pittsburgh for Christmas leave.

henna003Small.jpg

henna004Small.jpg

IMG_0321Small.jpg

I used to think my Blue pig was cool lookin, til I saw that Orange pork. Drool 8) I think your Keeley is gonna get the boot when your Dirty bomb arrives.

plan-x said:
I used to think my Blue pig was cool lookin, til I saw that Orange pork. Drool 8) I think your Keeley is gonna get the boot when your Dirty bomb arrives.

The Keeley is cool in the Ultra mode since it has such a huge tight low end and fits the LSC well, BUT I have a feeling the Dirty Bomb is gonna kick it right off the board. I'll give a full report as soon as I get it.

Thanks again for the compliment on my amp. I mentioned this in another thread, but there are two orange 2x12 Recto cabs used in my area. I think my pig needs something to sit on.

This seems to be the origin thread. http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26346&p=195417&hilit=+big+blue+pig+#p195417

It was said by fishyfishfish first.

Thanks ;) I thought it had some obscure meaning, but I guess it's more of a pet name for it ;)

thirstypirate said:
This seems to be the origin thread. http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26346&p=195417&hilit=+big+blue+pig+#p195417

It was said by fishyfishfish first.
Wow! I think that was it thirsty, good find. I'm hearing them call it that on TGP now. There is a thread on the LSC currently running over there.

Back